Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
High Voltage and Electrical Safety
Hands-on, operational competency high voltage training for ROV operators
2 day High Voltage and Electrical Safety: £650 + VAT
Delivered by experienced instructors who have a wealth of offshore experience to pass on, the training takes place in a dedicated, industry-specific learning environment. Our facilities include Mechanical and Electrical workshops with classrooms alongside, a work class ROV simulator, and a fully operational work class ROV system, allowing a complete work class ROV isolation procedure to be followed. This first-hand, practical experience of common high voltage processes and practices, carried out in an offshore environment, helps to make you an effective and competent member of an ROV team in your offshore career.
This course has been developed in accordance with UK and international standards of electrical safety compliance*. It also meets and extends on the IMCA Guidelines as set out in C 010 High Voltage Training, Stage 1 Introduction to Electrical Safety and IMCA R 005 High Voltage Equipment: Safety Procedures for Working on ROVs.
All of the ROV courses at The Underwater Centre have been developed working closely with industry: this highly relevant training, delivered at a unique subsea location by friendly and qualified staff, aims to make you more employable by helping to ensure you are safe, trained and competent as an ROV pilot technician.
Price: £650 ex VAT (£780 in VAT)
*Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, HSE – HS (G) 85 Electricity at Work – Safe Working Practices, HSE – HSE 25 – Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations, NORSOK, NR10.
By participating in the following, students will have an appreciation of what is required by industry to successfully isolate the LV/HV Work Class High Voltage System:
- Appreciate the underlying relevant legislation and guidelines as they are applied to ROV operations
- Be aware of how High Voltage is addressed in the ROV industry
- Appreciate the Work Class High Voltage Power Distribution system and their safe guards. Students will experience an invaluable guided tour of a real working ‘Work Class ROV power distribution system’ to facilitate their understanding. This will also serve as a basis for the practical assessment on day two
- Gain an understanding of safe working practices
- Gain a realisation of the risk and injuries involved in High Voltage Systems
- Understand what a hazardous area is and how it affects ROV operations
On completion of this module, students will be able to apply practically what they have learnt, from start to finish, on a full LV/HV isolation on a working ROV system, thus connecting with relevant real-life industry needs.
This vital safety training is included in our seven-week Premium ROV Course, or is available as a standalone 2-day module.
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
Students are expected to engage positively with the course material.
The course is delivered in English and good written and oral communication skills are required.
Students should also be able to handle mathematical calculations to SCQF Level V.
Please note, once you have completed your ROV course, you will also require an Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical and MIST certification to work offshore. Read more about the offshore industry requirements here.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs)
- Safety footwear (e.g. steel toe caps. Footwear must meet the requirements of the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002, and preferably have a ‘CE’ marking.)
- An up to date copy of your CV
- You will also need to bring some basic stationery – including a Casio FX83ES scientific calculator, notebook, pens/ pencils
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.