Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- HSE SCUBA
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- Subsea Construction
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
Simon MacLean, Titan 4 Course, July 2015
TITAN 4 Manipulator Training
Gain basic system operation and routine maintenance procedures of the Titan 4 manipulator
2 day TITAN 4 Manipulator Training: £852
This two day course familiarises students with all major components of the Titan 4 manipulator. It provides system operation and routine maintenance procedures of this equipment; widely used in the offshore ROV industry. Candidates will have the opportunity to try simulated ROV operations in our onsite simulator as well as learn piloting skills onshore, with a real T4 manipulator arm using our own T4 training pod.
This course has been sanctioned and approved by the industry’s leading manufacturer, FMC Schilling Robotics.
The effective use of the Titan 4 (T4) is as vital as piloting skills; The Underwater Centre can therefore offer both a technical/engineering element to this type of training and an opportunity for personnel to develop those vital operational skills needed.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Correctly mount and orient the Titan 4 manipulator;
- Configure telemetry to RS-485 or RS-232 communications;
- Identify the telemetry LED status;
- Explain the function of the compensator and how to safely replace diaphragms;
- Identify and fit the correct jaws to use in conjunction with subsea standard interfaces;
- Identify each slave arm joint;
- Identify and explain main slave arm components;
- Describe common operating menus and modes of operation;
- Understand some diagnostic menus and error checking systems;
- Safely enable and disable the operating system;
- Set system operating limits;
- Teach a stow path;
- Perform routine maintenance.
The TITAN 4 Manipulator Course is included in our seven-week Premium ROV Course; for more details on this course, click here.
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
There are no formal pre-requisites for those wishing to enroll on this course to be trained to a Schilling T4 Level 1 standard.
Students are expected to engage positively with the course material.
The course is delivered in English and good written and oral communication skills are required.
Students should also be able to handle mathematical calculations to SCQF Level V.
IMCA guidelines for ROV employers recommend that personnel entering the ROV industry should have a nationally-recognised technical or trade qualification completed in electrical, electronic, hydraulics or mechanics and a certain amount of technical experience. To find out more about minimum entry criteria, or to check if you’re eligible, please contact our Student Advisors.
Please note, once you have completed your ROV course, you will also require an Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical and MIST certification to work offshore. Read more about the offshore industry requirements here.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs)
- Safety footwear (e.g. steel toe caps. Footwear must meet the requirements of the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002, and preferably have a ‘CE’ marking.)
- An up to date copy of your CV
- You will also need to bring some basic stationery – including a Casio FX83ES scientific calculator, notebook, pens/ pencils
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.