Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- HSE SCUBA
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- Subsea Construction
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
Mike, ROV Operations, Nov 2015
Save almost £1,500 off the cost of this entirely operational course which provides you with additional experience of operating a work class system
2 week ROV Operations course: £4,440.75 + VAT – save almost £1,500 on the cost of your course*
Until 30th June 2018, the Scottish Government will pay half the cost of several of our training courses, meaning that you can enhance your ROV skills for half the cost.
Eligible Scottish students¹ will receive 50% funding meaning you’ll only pay £2,665 inc VAT
This primarily operational course provides sufficient knowledge to learn how to operate a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) safely, develop your existing skills and knowledge to allow you to complete operational tasks including pre-dive checks, launching the system, typical subsea tasks and recording them, recovery of the vehicle and post-dive checks.
Practical experience is provided using the Centre’s fully mobilised and functional Triton XL Work Class ROV system and VMAX simulator to provide advanced skills development.
This course provides a unique opportunity to learn about the different aspects of the roles you may be involved in when launching and recovering a work class ROV, in a controlled environment, but with similar challenges to working offshore. Our aim is to ensure you are prepared for your next role, making you a safer and more effective part of your ROV team.
On successful completion of this course, candidates will have demonstrated competence in many areas of ROV operations including:
- Launching and recovering of a Work Class ROV;
- Safety considerations;
- Spatial awareness and navigation;
- Record keeping;
- Maintenance and essential teamwork skills including developing vital leadership skills.
Examples of the key learning outcomes and practical tasks undertaken during the course:
- Provide knowledge of safe and efficient operation of ROVs through the Introduction to ROV Operation (IMCA R004) documentation;
- Introduction to mechanical and electrical workshop practices, including scenario based learning using a bespoke electrical workstation, T4 manipulator, torque tools and subsea panel exercises.
- ROV piloting skills through use of our onshore VMAX work class ROV simulator including subsea task scenarios, subsea working practices, communication protocols and vessel movements;
- Demonstrate simulator ROV operational skills including planning, performing and debriefing a safe dive plan and advanced recovery techniques;
- Demonstrate on-vessel ROV operational skills including an introduction to the Triton XL Work Class ROV system as well as basic maintenance procedures, pre-dive checks and use of the Launch and Recovery System (LARS);
- Gain an introduction to recognised vessel / ROV operational procedures, complete a full dive plan, pre-dive checks, and de-brief.
- Demonstrate practical understanding of system split for maintenance.
Price: £5,329 inc VAT – special offer*
*Reduced from £7,105; special offer price is secured on payment of course deposit. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time so be quick and take advantage of these great savings today.
To attend this 2 week operational course, you must have completed either our three week ROV Pilot Technician Course or our seven week Premium ROV Course; or have attended a recognised ROV training course previously – see the pre-requisites for details.
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.
In order to attend this course, we recommend either completion of our 3 week ROV Pilot Technician Course (or similar) or a suitable engineering training/qualification in a relevant discipline (electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic).
Existing, experienced operational ROV personnel are welcome to attend this course however we recommend a minimum of 100 hours logged.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Safety footwear (preferably steel toe capped boots / shoes. Footwear must meet the requirements of the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002, and preferably have a ‘CE’ marking.);
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather waterproof outerwear;
- An up to date copy of your CV;
- Basic stationery – including a Casio FX83ES scientific calculator, notebook, pens/ pencils.