Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
IMCA now offers an alternative route for trainee bell diving supervisors to gain experience in the role of offshore diving supervisor in preparation for the exam.
IMCA now offers an alternative route for trainee bell diving supervisors to gain experience in the role of offshore diving supervisor in preparation for the exam. Candidates can gain the required experience by acting as a trainee air diving supervisor on at least 10 air dives conducted at an IMCA-approved commercial diver training school; The Underwater Centre therefore now offers this opportunity.
This new experience was established to help applicants finding it difficult to gain the required amount of supervising air dives offshore, due to diving company’s changes in operations to increased use of saturation.
The Underwater Centre’s course takes place with commercial divers in training on two of our air diving moon pool barges, one of which is fitted with a wet bell, and takes just 5 days to complete.
In accordance with the guidelines issued by IMCA, the course includes involvement in all aspects of the dive including; the planning, dive briefing, risk assessment review, emergency plan review and diver checks. Dives supervised include the use of a wet bell; surface decompression; in-water decompression; and diver rescue from depth. Trainee Supervisors will also have the opportunity to supervise dives undertaken using an extended umbilical (golden gate).
This practice will provide the required additional time you need in order to take your career to the next level and answer the demand for IMCA Bell Supervisors.
You can read the details of the requirement for of this course, and the changes which have been made on the IMCA Information Note here.
Price: £850 exc. VAT (£1020 inc. VAT)
On successful completion of this course and supervision of the required dives, your log book will be counter signed and stamped by one of our qualified instructors who will have supervised you during the course.
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
In order to be able to attend our Trainee Bell Supervisor Experience Course you will require the following:
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Certificate;
- Supervisor’s logbook.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this package you will receive:
- The Underwater Centre Overalls;
- The Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt.
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.