Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- HSE SCUBA
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- Subsea Construction
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
Alan Nicholls, IMCA Trainee Air Supervisor, April 2012
IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
1 week IMCA Air Supervisor: £780
A trainee air diving supervisor should have sufficient theoretical, technical and operational experience to enable him to carry out his duties. This practical and theoretical 5 day course covers diving physics, diving physiology, leadership and control, legislation and the duties of the air diving supervisor.
On completion of the training you can start building panel hours as a trainee air diving supervisor and ultimately be put through the IMCA exam by a company that needs you to be qualified as an air diving supervisor. The 2014 ODIA recommended day rate for a qualified IMCA Air Diving Supervisor in the North Sea is £715.01.
Even if your long term career plan is to go into saturation diving, if you then want to become a saturation diving supervisor you must also have your air diving supervisor certification.
This course is run based on demand, so if you are interested in attending, please contact us using the contact form below.
In order to be able to attend our IMCA Trainee Air Supervisor Course you will require the following:
- IMCA-recognised Surface Supplied diving qualification as set out by the IMCA Code of Practice for offshore diving (IMCA D 014);
- Your original logbook and certificates showing proof of;
- 100 offshore commercial dives (this now includes dives logged working in the renewables sector)
- Documentation in accordance with IMCA C 003 REV 1 to show competency as an offshore air diver.
- Please note, all courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Relevant certification and logbooks;
As part of this package you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt;
- All course books.
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.