Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- HSE SCUBA
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- Subsea Construction
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
Iacove Robertino, ECA Course, September 2009
Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
Allowing experienced saturation divers to gain the internationally recognised HSE qualification.
This Experience & Competence Assessment Course (ECA) allows experienced saturation divers who do not have internationally recognised diving certificates to complete the assessments for the HSE Closed Bell course and gain the HSE Closed Bell certificate. This will give you a mixed gas certification that is recognised by the subsea industry world-wide, allowing you to take your career further.
The certificates you will obtain when you complete this course are:
- HSE Closed Bell
All of our HSE commercial diving courses are recognised by IMCA under the IMCA International Code of Practice for Offshore Diving.
Please note, this is an assessment course only for experienced divers. For HSE Closed Bell Course including full tuition please click HERE.
In order to be able to attend our ECA Closed Bell course you will require the following:
- Log book evidence of saturation dives undertaken at work at a range of specified depths within the two years prior to starting the course. Dives undertaken as part of a training course are not accepted.
- A thorough knowledge of USN standard air and surface decompression schedules (revision 6) and British Navy line signals as well as the general principles of diving, as these will be assessed with no prior lectures. There will be a lecture on UK legislation.
- A good understanding of English language as most of the course is carried out using voice communications.
- An ‘in-date’ United Kingdom HSE Diving Medical Certificate (we also accept Norwegian, Dutch or Irish HSA approved Diving Medical Certificates, please contact us if you have a medical from these countries to ensure it is accepted);
- Please note that if this is your first HSE UK Diving Medical, you must obtain an MA1 form completed by your own family doctor and take this to the doctor carrying out your HSE Medical.
- If you have already passed an HSE UK Diving Medical, you must take your MA2 form – this is the front page of your previous HSE UK Diving Medical – as the doctor needs this to carry out your medical.
- For full details of the HSE Diving Medical and what exactly it involves, visit click here
- For contact details of your nearest medical examiner, approved to carry out your HSE Diving Medical, click here
- HSE First Aid at Work or overseas equivalent
You will be expected to dive safely using a variety of different equipment and techniques to cover all the assessments in the normal HSE diving course.
Please note, all courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
Please note, when arranging return travel you will need to wait 48 hours before travelling (due to decompression).
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this package you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Overalls;
- Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt;
- All course books;
- Submission to the HSE of Competency Assessment.
During your course you will also have use of:
- Hot water suit, neoprene undersuit for under hot water suits, work gloves, dive knife, neoprene hood and hard hat.
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.