Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
IMCA Diver Medic Technician
Designed to give you relevant, practical experience and knowledge to make you more employable in the subsea industry.
2 week Diver Medic Technician: £960 inc VAT
At least one member of every offshore dive team is required to be trained in advanced first aid, so the availability of high-standard Diver Medic training is paramount.
Our Diver Medic course (DMT) is specifically designed to give you relevant, practical experience and knowledge to make you more employable in the subsea industry.
The training provided is unique, thanks to the range of equipment available at the Centre for students to learn and train with. The course incorporates hands-on skills training with our decompression chambers; on saturation and air diving systems. This, along with a combination of practical and classroom based training, means you will complete your training in the same situation that you will ultimately be working in, giving you experience that many of your counterparts may not have.
Including lectures given by diver medical practitioners with more than 30 years of experience treating divers, and guidance from instructors with over 50 years combined worth of diving experience, you can be confident that the training you receive is at the forefront of the subsea industry.
Price: £960 inc VAT (£800 exc VAT) For all available dates and prices click here.
We also run IMCA Diver Medic Refresher courses on request.
The certificates you will obtain when you complete this course are:
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician (DMT)
- First Aid at Work
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786
Currently, the IMCA Diver Medic Course is included for free if you attend The Underwater Centre’s Premium Industry Package; the Construction Career Package; or the HSE Closed Bell Course. Visit the relevant package or course pages for full details. This offer may be removed at anytime.
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
In order to be able to attend our IMCA Diver Medic course, and receive the IMCA certification, you will require the following:
- Original offshore diving industry qualifications
- An ‘in-date’ Diving Medical certificate
- Please note, all courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
Please note that you can attend the Diver Medic course without the pre-requisites above, however you will not receive an IMCA certification. In-house certification will be issued instead.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this package you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Overalls;
- Underwater Centre T-shirt;
- All course books.
During your course you will also have use of:
- Hi-visibility vest, work gloves as required, and hard hat.
For more information email us on [email protected] or call +44 1397 703 786.