Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- HSE SCUBA
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- Subsea Construction
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- Introduction to ROV Careers Day
- Premium ROV
- ROV Pilot Technician
- ROV Pilot Technician Plus
- ROV Operations
- Additional ROV Piloting Skills
- Fibre Optics - Systems, Integration and Testing (OTDR)
- High Voltage and Electrical Safety (Competency Level 2)
- TITAN 4 Manipulator Training
- Working at Height
- ROV Pilot Technician
- Subsea Industry Support
Subsea Industry Support
The Underwater Centre works closely with the subsea industry to help companies gain the workforce they need, and to provide new and existing personnel with the best possible preparation for a subsea career.
Our company ethos is based on ensuring that the training we provide is relevant and necessary for the continued growth of the industry as a whole. We work to do this in a number of ways, not least by the continued support of the maritime operators themselves.
Support from subsea companies
Companies such as Fugro, Technip and FMC Schilling Robotics have provided equipment and technical support for our work class ROV training, as well as being actively involved in the syllabus development. Another example is the recent donation of a hyperbaric rescue system from Premier Oil, which will be incorporated into our saturation diver training.
Subsea companies benefit from providing this support, as it helps to increase the competency of their existing and future workforce; consequently students on our commercial diving and ROV training courses receive training that helps to ensure a successful career in the subsea sector.
Below is a full list of companies who have provided support in recent years; we continue to seek new collaboration opportunities with other key industry stakeholders.
- Subsea 7
- Premier Oil
- Forum Subsea Technologies
- FMC Schilling Robotics
- Lawson Engineers Ltd
- Digital Edge Subsea
- Highlands & Islands Enterprise
As well as participating in trade groups such as the IMCA Safety, Medical, Technical & Training Committee, the CSWIP Management Committee, the BINDT-PCN Underwater Inspection Scheme Working Group, and the IDRF Closed Bell Competence Review Committee, we are active members of organisations such as Subsea UK, Oil & Gas UK and British Fluid Power Association.
We also work closely with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) in the UK. This involvement in the regulation and development of industry is yet another step in providing training that is proactive and responsive to the needs of the subsea sector.
Education – the future
The future of the subsea industry depends on attracting new entrants with the right skills to develop and grow the sector. As well as working locally at our Fort William Centre with the Highland Council Education Department through schools and community outreach initiatives, we have also worked with organisations such as MATE on the regional ROV design competition.