Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Work Class ROV for Industry
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
ROV Training Programme
Modularised and targeted delivery by subject and level, ensuring relevant content, with strong practical training to address the issue of personnel competency
The Underwater Centre has developed a range of shorter duration modularised and targeted training courses, delivered by subject and level.
Each module is presented with appropriate safety considerations, including typical real-life scenarios and a detailed emphasis placed on safe working practices, both real and simulated.
The core focus of this modularised training is to ensure relevant and up-to-date content, for example, in the areas of electrical and electronic engineering and hydraulics.
This base will provide trainees a selected elective approach in order that our clients will be able to build up modules into bespoke packages as meets their requirements and therefore easing the logistical difficulties associated with personnel movements and time and cost commitments.
Each module includes access to the unique facilities at The Underwater Centre and includes student exposure to classroom, VMAX simulator, onshore tank and contextual marine environment and access to actual working equipment. This includes work class and obs class ROV systems and their associated tooling and interfaced sensor equipment and, in the case of the hydro-acoustic modules, a working vessel with brand new, state-of-the-art integrated survey and hydro-acoustic positioning systems (USBL, SSBL and LBL) and oceanographic sensors such as multi-beam sonar and oceanographic sensor packages such as the Valeport Midas bathypack and altimeter.
Each module has a strong practical focus of learning and assessment and targets the issue of personnel competency. Assessment is conducted from the point of view of measuring students’ practical abilities.
We continue to work closely with key industry stakeholders, such as IMCA, Technip, Fugro and Kongsberg and we are continuing to work with accrediting organisations who monitor and verify our course content externally. These stakeholders are very important to us in ensuring that the quality and standard of our training delivery is visible to our clients. Read more about the on-going industry support we receive here.
The modules currently available include:
- High Voltage and Electrical Safety
- Titan 4 Manipulator Training
- ROV Operations
- Fibre Optics – Systems, Integration and Testing (OTDR)
- Working at Height
To find out more, or to discuss your specific training needs, please fill out the form below and we will contact you directly. Alternatively, you can email us on [email protected]
Students are expected to engage positively with the course material.
The course is delivered in English and good written and oral communication skills are required.
Students should also be able to handle mathematical calculations to SCQF Level V.
- To ensure relevant and up-to-date content, for example, in the areas of electrical and electronic engineering and hydraulics
- To provide exposure to operational real-life marine environment, where appropriate, in conditions replicating offshore
- To provide a strong practical focus of learning and assessment
- To target the issue of personnel competency.