Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- HSE SCUBA
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- Subsea Construction
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- Introduction to ROV Careers Day
- Premium ROV
- ROV Pilot Technician
- ROV Pilot Technician Plus
- ROV Operations
- Additional ROV Piloting Skills
- Fibre Optics - Systems, Integration and Testing (OTDR)
- High Voltage and Electrical Safety (Competency Level 2)
- TITAN 4 Manipulator Training
- Working at Height
- ROV Pilot Technician
George Robertson, Global ROV Training Manager, Fugro
ROV Pilot Technician
Our core ROV courses have been developed by working closely with the ROV industry, to give graduates real-life experience of working with ROVs. Trainees fly inspection-class ROVs in an open-water environment, working alongside commercial air and saturation divers, as they will be once out in the industry. This first-hand knowledge and familiarity with ROV operations increases the competence levels that they bring to the job.
In addition, the theoretical elements of the course covers a range of ROV systems, providing graduates with knowledge and experience to maintain and repair your ROVs.
Our ROV courses can be delivered from both our Tasmania and Fort William Centres, depending on your company’s requirements.
You can read more about the ROV training we provide in Fort William here.
To find out more, or to discuss your specific training needs, please fill out the form below and we will contact you directly. Alternatively, you can email us on [email protected]
Fugro, the world’s third largest ROV operator, send its staff from across the globe to The Underwater Centre in Fort William to carry out introductory training in ROV piloting and operations.
As well as sending ROV Pilot Technician trainee’s on our 3 week ROV Pilot Technician course, we have also developed a 5 day course focusing on ROV operations to further meet Fugro’s needs, including ROV piloting techniques, multi-ROV operations, ROV team operations, Launch & Recovery Systems and diver observation and support. Since 2007, over 200 of Fugro’s ROV personnel have completed training at The Underwater Centre.
Paul Bury, ROV Training Manager at The Underwater Centre, who is in charge of delivering the courses, said he is delighted to be working with staff from Fugro.
“We are very proud to be continuing our relationship with Fugro as they are one of the world leaders in the ROV industry,” he said.
“Their confidence in our facilities, our training programmes and the expertise of our instructors’ to assist and support Fugro in the delivery of part of their training programme underlines our success in delivering industry relevant training and standards.
“Our Centre offers students the chance to train in an industry specific environment so they are able to experience first hand the challenges and demands of being an ROV pilot technician.”
George Robertson, FugroAcademy’s ROV training manager, added to this: “We have been very impressed with the facilities and professionalism at The Underwater Centre. What makes it so special is the unique conditions for training which means that our newly-recruited ROV personnel, on completion of the course, are extremely well equipped to start working in the ROV industry.”