Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Work Class ROV for Industry
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- Competency & Standards
Competency & Standards
The Underwater Centre, Fort William, was established in the early 1970s in response to the need for greater safety in the North Sea.
Since then we have worked closely with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) to ensure safe diving practices, developing diving training and operating procedures that are seen throughout the industry to this day.
The Tasmanian branch of our training network was set up in the early 1990s to meet the demand for competent, well-trained commercial diving personnel in the South East Pacific region.
Like the relationship our Fort William Centre has with the HSE, The Underwater Centre, Tasmania, works closely with the Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS) to continue to provide the subsea industry with skilled and knowledgeable personnel.
The extensive operational experience gained on our ROV courses means that, as well as being developed and run in accordance with guidelines set out by the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA), our courses go beyond those guidelines to further prepare students for the competencies and standards required of them by the ROV industry.
In addition, we work closely with the IMCA Safety, Medical, Technical and Training committee. Our safety record at both The Underwater Centre, Fort William & Tasmania, is exemplary. Our training operations closely follow the procedures that are found offshore, instilling good working practices in trainees as well as teaching them to do the job required safely and competently.