Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Work Class ROV for Industry
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
ROV Operations Training
SAAB Seaeye are well known as the world leading manufacturer of electric powered Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) systems for the subsea industry. SAAB Seaeye sent part of their team to experience open-water, multi-operation ROV piloting at our Fort William site.
Part of SAAB Seaeye’s commitment to their customers is ensuring that all staff have a comprehensive knowledge of their systems – and of the conditions in which they will be used. The 4 day bespoke course focussed on giving the candidates experience in a range of ROV operations in the deep tidal waters of Loch Linnhe; the site has a range of depths similar to the working areas of the North Sea. Visibility was low for the duration of the course, adding to the realistic environment.
Paul Dyer, Senior Commissioning Engineer, said that the course was “well planned with no wasted time”. The course content was taken from the flying element of our 7 week Premium ROV Course. Piloting the observation class SAAB Seaeye Falcon ROV, candidates carried out seabed survey and mapping; navigation using sonar; search and recovery using the manipulator; as-found surveys including general visual inspection and close visual inspections; video logs and dive plans; and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) structural survey on our mock-up rig structure.
The course also included commercial diver observation, giving candidates vital experience of working on a site where a range of operations are being carried out. Ali Roy, Systems Engineer, noted that there was an “exceptional focus on safety”. All candidates adhered to our permit-to-work documentation, and were fully briefed with toolbox talks throughout.
Peter Vallender, SAAB Seaeye’s Publications and Training Manager, added “All four of our personnel commented on the extensive knowledge and experience of the instructor.”