Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Work Class ROV for Industry
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox Training
Osiris, the marine services company that is part of James Fisher and Sons plc, sent a group of their personnel to attend the Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox Course to further demonstrate their commitment to health and safety. Candidates from the company included dive technicians, dive supervisors, a project manager and commercial divers, who now benefit from a greater theoretical and practical understanding of Nitrox diving.
With divers certified to International Nitrox standards, Osiris is able to provide their customers with additional assurance in its offshore capabilities and deliver a competent Nitrox diving team to any global location.
The course covers theoretical classroom-based training, as well as practical application including mobilising a Nitrox spread, monitoring a Nitrox dive, oxygen cleaning, system maintenance and partial pressure blending. Candidates also undertake a dive on Nitrox in the Centre’s onshore tank complex.
The three-day intensive course has been developed after consultation with industry and aims to help companies ensure the competency of their Nitrox diving team.
Osiris’ General Diving Manager Kevin Hood said: “This training gives our team a good all-round understanding of diving on Nitrox, to a standard which meets industry approval and will also clear up any grey areas which may exist from previous lack of specific training. It also gives the opportunity to reset and start from a proper foundation.”
Aiden West, Managing Director of Osiris, added: “With the coming together of offshore wind and offshore activities in general, being the first to undertake this course ensures Osiris can meet all expectations of current and future offshore clients.
“James Fisher and Sons plc continues to invest within its diving and ROV divisions as it continues to develop its service as a complete subsea solutions provider for the global upstream oil and gas market.
“The Underwater Centre has conducted the course professionally and efficiently – I have been very impressed with the course and the facilities it has to offer.”