Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Oxy-Arc Underwater Cutting Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Work Class ROV for Industry
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
DONG Energy E&P spent two weeks at the Centre attending a tailored version of our Introduction to Subsea Operations Course, following the announcement that they were to perform significant repair works to the Siri Platform in the Danish North Sea.
Jake Law, Subsea Engineer at DONG said: “We have started work on a project that has a lot of diving days, approx. 80 in 2011 and around 200 in 2012. The Siri Repair Project and DONG’s continued company growth means that we need to improve on the base competency levels of our Company reps on diving vessels, which is where our need for training stemmed from.
“We were very specific in what we wanted to get out of the course. We provided some of the high-level documents from our current projects and then spent time with key people at The Underwater Centre going through the details of what we wanted to achieve from the course. The Centre could then tailor the course programme to fit our needs.
“Our Company reps already have a base knowledge and many years experience as Company reps in diving operations, but this course further expands on that, giving them greater understanding of diving methods, legislation and physiology. It’s been a great learning tool for our people.
Steve Ham, General Manager at The Underwater Centre said: “Many non-diving companies are recognising the importance of their own teams having a good understanding of the diving and ROV disciplines. They find that gaining this understanding is hugely beneficial to them in terms of productivity, cost effectiveness and of course, employee safety.
“At The Underwater Centre we have the facilities, trainer expertise and experience to put together a bespoke training package for what the client requires and will deliver results for their business.”
Non-diving personnel from other companies who have also utilised the training at The Underwater Centre include Scottish and Southern Energy, Subsea 7 and Rumic.