Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Package
- ADAS Aquaculture
- ADAS Diver Medic Technician
- ADAS Part 4 Closed Bell
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- Upgrade ADAS Part 1 to Part 2
- Upgrade ADAS Part 2 to Part 3
- Upgrade ADAS Part 1 to Part 3
- ADAS Part 1 Restricted (Scientific)
- ADAS Part 2 Restricted
- ADAS Onshore Supervisors Course
- ADAS Recognised Prior Learning (Part 3)
ADAS Recognised Prior Learning (Part 3)
FREE accommodation for course starting 17th April 2017 only - book now!
Upgrade your existing diving qualification and gain globally-recognised ADAS certification.
The ADAS Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) courses allow divers who have many years of commercial diving experience, but do not have an internationally recognised accreditation, to obtain the ADAS Part 3 offshore diving certification without having to undergo a full training course.
The ADAS qualifications are an internationally recognised accreditation and are also recognised by IMCA (International Marine Contractors Association)*, allowing graduates to work as commercial divers worldwide.
There two options available to those wishing to undergo the Recognised Prior Learning process under the ADAS certification programme that we offer. The ADAS RPL course is a shortened version of our ADAS Part 3 (including Part 1 & 2) training course, or for those with exceptional experience the ADAS RPL EC course allows candidates to complete the assessments only, with no training included. Which option you are able to do will depend on the diving experience you have. Click the options below to find out more.
Prices: $12,580 plus FREE accommodation for course starting 17th April 2017 only.
ADAS RPL Including Training: Accurate costs, duration and course dates are dependent on the type of RPL a candidate attends. The minimum duration of an RPL Training & Assessment course is 6 weeks. If you meet the requirements to attend the RPL Training & Assessment course then the cost per candidate would be AU$12,580.00 per person + accreditation fee of AU$900 per person for the ADAS accreditation fee. (see below for further details). However, this is dependent on the evaluation of experience as that will dictate the actual duration and cost of the course. The minimum course reduction is 6 weeks so if a candidate meets the requirements to reduce the course from 12 weeks to a RPL 6 week training course then the cost may be reduced. (Meals and accommodation are not included.)
ADAS RPL EC Assessment Only (No Training): The minimum duration of an RPL EC Assessment Only course is 3 / 4 weeks. If you meet the requirements to attend the RPL EC Assessment Only course then the cost per candidate would be AU$7,430.00 per person + accreditation fee of AU$900.00 per person for the ADAS accreditation fee. (see below for further details). However, this is dependent on the evaluation of experience as that will dictate the actual duration and cost of the course. (Meals and accommodation are not included.)
ACCREDITATION FEE: Upon successful completion of your course you will be required to pay AU$900 per person for the ADAS application and accreditation fee. This will only be invoiced and required to be paid once you have successfully completed your course.
*Visit the IMCA website here for more information on recognised accreditations.
Please note: we are also able to run ADAS RPL Training or Assessment Courses for closed bell (saturation) diving certification to ADAS Part 4 certification.
All of our ADAS commercial diving courses are recognised by IMCA under the IMCA International Code of Practice for Offshore Diving.
For more information email us on email@example.com or call us on +61 3 6383 4844.
Click the boxes below for more information:
This option allows experienced divers to reduce the cost and duration of a 12 week ADAS Commercial Air Diver Part 3 course (Premium Package or Standard Package).
The amount of dive time obtained and the meeting of other criteria (see Pre-requisites tab) will dictate the candidate’s eligibility for an RPL course as well as how much the course cost and duration will be reduced by. The minimum course duration for this option would be 6 weeks.
Each candidate who applies for an RPL course is judged on an individual basis and the final cost and duration of the RPL course is dependent on the experience that the diver has and on the information that they are able to provide.
Our ADAS Recognised Prior Learning Exceptional Circumstances (RPL EC) Assessment course allows a diver who has an exceptional amount of previous logged and certified diving experience, but does not have the required recognised commercial diver certificates, to gain the internationally recognised ADAS Part 3 diving certification in 3 weeks.
The ADAS RPL EC Assessment course is strictly an assessment course only and there will be no training provided. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-requisite, logged, amount of diving experience to be able attend this RPL option.
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
Each candidate who applies for an ADAS RPL course is judged on an individual basis and the final cost and duration of the RPL course is dependent on the experience that the diver has and on the information that they are able to provide.
Minimum prequalification for RPL Training courses & RPL EC Assessment only courses are as follows:
- All applicants must provide a complete CV outlining their commercial diving experience and of the companies that they have worked for. This must include contact details of companies worked for. It must also include evidence of the level of diving experience over a number of years in the international diving industry including; dives and hours across a broad range of high complexity dives involving decompression diving, deep diving (deeper than 40m), dives involving compression chambers, and additional specialist equipment such as hot water suits, ancillary service equipment and wet bells.
- Copies of all diving accreditations must be supplied. Scanned copies of actual certificates required.
- Copies of current recognised Senior or Apply First Aid certificate or DMT. First Aid qualifications must meet the competency requirements of HLTFA301B Apply first aid. Scanned copies of actual certificates required.
- Copies of current recognised Oxygen Provision certificate. Must meet the competency requirements of national code PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation. The PUAEME003C is being phased out and replaced with the HLTFA404B, which covers all the competencies plus provides training in the use of AED.Scanned copies of actual certificates required.
- Current commercial diving medical – AS2299.1 (or HSE). Must be in date and cover the full duration of the course. ADAS requires that medical must be undertaken every 12 months. Medicals that cover the candidate for over 2 months will not be accepted.
- Photo ID e.g., passport or National ID Card.
- Completed RPL dive time forms. The dive times must be working dives. Navy or training dives are NOT acceptable. Only working dives that have been logged in a logbook, signed by a supervisor and stamped by a company stamp will be accepted.
- English Language – It is a requirement that all students attending an ADAS course must have the ability to read and understand written and verbal communications in the English language and make themselves understood using English. To prove your ability ADAS requires all students from non-English speaking countries to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) testing and certification prior to commencing a course; visit the LLN website to register and for more details.
- All students who undertake nationally recognised training in Australia delivered by a Registered Training Organisation are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This application process will take a few minutes to complete and is free of charge. For full details of how to obtain a USI, please click here.
- Further Academic Qualifications. If you are intending to progress into higher level academic courses (e.g. Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelor Degree) please read the attached document with regard the additional option of attaining the VET Certificate in addition to the ADAS certificate as part of your course here at The Underwater Centre.
To receive the necessary RPL dive time forms, or if you have any concerns or queries regarding the above pre-requisites, or your level of English, please contact our one of our Student Advisors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form here.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety/ leather work boots;
- Personal dive equipment such as dive knife, fins, gloves, mask and booties.
We have a dive shop on site and provide discounts to our students on course.
As part of this package you will receive:
- ADAS accreditation and certification
- ADAS Diver’s logbook
- Course manuals
- Safety kit, including overalls, hard hat, ear protectors, safety glasses, rigger’s gloves and high visibility vest
- Semi-dry suit and thermal hood
- Job search assistance and support, including a copy of Diving Contractor spreadsheet and advice with CV preparation
We will provide you with all commercial diving equipment for the commercial diving course.
For more information email us on email@example.com or call us on +61 3 6383 4844.