Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Package
- ADAS Aquaculture
- ADAS Diver Medic Technician
- ADAS Part 4 Closed Bell
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- Upgrade ADAS Part 1 to Part 2
- Upgrade ADAS Part 2 to Part 3
- Upgrade ADAS Part 1 to Part 3
- ADAS Part 1 Restricted (Scientific)
- ADAS Part 2 Restricted
- ADAS Onshore Supervisors Course
- ADAS Recognised Prior Learning (Part 3)
Aaron Zinck, ADAS Part 2 Course, Feb 2013
Upgrade ADAS Part 1 to Part 2
4 week upgrade ADAS Part 1 to Part 2: $7,430 inc GST
This four week course combines practical, hands-on training with classroom-based assessments. This course will train you to use surface supplied diving equipment, to help advance your commercial diving career.
As well as training you in the use of surface supplied equipment, you will also be trained in important tools and skills underwater – all of which will provide you with valuable experience for your new career. You’ll learn how to use underwater stills and video cameras for a survey report, as well as gaining experience of using a lifting bag and impact wrench, a hydraulic drill at depth, a jack hammer, a hydraulic chain saw and an angle grinder.
You will learn underwater welding/ oxy arc cutting techniques, which are vital subsea construction skills to have once you’re working. You will have to plan, risk assess and participate in a major construction task using a range of specified tools, giving you a strong understanding of the task at hand from start to finish. You will also participate in night dives, diver rescues and zero visibility dives.
Throughout the course, the tools and skills you learn will replicate the work you will be doing once you’ve completed your training. Our courses are tailored to reproduce the working practices of industry as closely as possible, so you’ll be well-prepared for your new career.
Price: $7,430 inc GST. For all available dates and prices click here.
This course is included in our commercial air diving package courses (see related courses).
- ADAS Part 2 Air Diver to 30m
All of our ADAS commercial diving courses are recognised by IMCA under the IMCA International Code of Practice for Offshore Diving.
For more information email us on email@example.com or call us on +61 3 6383 4844.
In order to be able to attend our ADAS Part 2 Course you will require the following:
- ADAS Part 1 SCUBA certification
- Current recognised Senior or Apply First Aid certificate (First Aid qualifications must meet the competency requirements of HLTFA402C Apply first aid).
- Current recognised Oxygen Provision certificate (must meet the competency requirements of national code PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation).
- Obtain a commercial diving medical – AS2299 or HSE. Must be in date and cover the full duration of the course. The certificate is to have been issued within 90 days of the commencement of the training.
- Be a competent swimmer – Competence should be demonstrated by the trainee completing a 200m swim on the surface using mask, fins and snorkel while wearing SCUBA equipment and neutrally buoyant within eight minutes and by the trainee treading water for ten (10) minutes.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and vulgar fractions. Be able to calculate percentages, and solve simple formulas, i.e. gas laws.
- Understand written and verbal communications in English and be able to communicate with other people.
- Photo ID (e.g. driver license, passport or National ID Card).
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- English Language – It is a requirement that all students attending an ADAS course must have the ability to read and understand written and verbal communications in the English language and make themselves understood using English. To prove your ability ADAS requires all students from non-English speaking countries to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) testing and certification prior to commencing a course; visit the LLN website to register and for more details.
- Note: Although you do not need to have the more advanced certification, Apply Advanced First Aid – HLTFA402B, if you do, it will cover all of the ADAS requirements for First Aid and Oxygen provision.
- All students who undertake nationally recognised training in Australia delivered by a Registered Training Organisation are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This application process will take a few minutes to complete and is free of charge. For full details of how to obtain a USI, please click here.
- Further Academic Qualifications. If you are intending to progress into higher level academic courses (e.g. Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelor Degree) please read the attached document with regard the additional option of attaining the VET Certificate in addition to the ADAS certificate as part of your course here at The Underwater Centre.
If you have any concerns or queries regarding the above pre-requisites, or your level of English, please contact our student advisors.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety/ leather work boots;
- Personal dive equipment such as dive knife, fins, gloves and booties;
- A wet or semi dry suit (we recommend 7mm).
We have a dive shop on site and provide discounts to our students on course.
You are required to bring all of the following safety equipment listed below with you on course:
- Overalls/ coveralls
- Work/ riggers gloves
- Safety glasses
- Ear protectors
- Hard hat
- Work/ safety boots
- High visibility vest
We have safety kit available to purchase at our dive shop that include all of the above, with the exception of the boots.
We will provide you with all commercial diving equipment for the commercial diving course.