Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
- The Underwater Centre, Fort William
- Subsea Testing & Trials
Subsea Testing & Trials
A one-stop solution for your subsea testing needs
Location, facilities and support for convenient and cost-effective subsea trials
Testing new subsea equipment and techniques is vital work – the unrivalled location, facilities and support at The Underwater Centre will help you get the very best from your trials – in the quickest and most cost-effective way. We’ve been working with companies to help them test new equipment and techniques since the 1970s and our success is built around one thing – making it work for you.
Experienced support staff and technical crew
The Underwater Centre has a well-deserved reputation for providing outstanding facilities and support for subsea testing and trials. A large part of our success is thanks to our expert staff of instructors and technical crew who are always on hand to assist you. They’ve got a huge amount of experience in subsea testing and trials and their knowledge and practical skills are invaluable for our clients.
Seawater depths from 4m to 150m
Easily accessible open-water site
We’re based right on the shore of Loch Linnhe, a sheltered sea loch on Scotland’s west coast, with depths ranging from 4m to 150m, all within easy and unrestricted reach of The Underwater Centre’s large private pier. Because all of our facilities are in one loch-side complex, there’s no need for long boat or bus rides that will eat into your day – helping you make the most of your time in the water.
Range of vessels including Work Class ROV support vessel
Sheltered, secure onshore location with offshore equipment
Unlike most other seawater sites, our sheltered location means that work can be carried out year-round, in almost any weather; and you also have the option of conducting trials indoors in our 1.5 million litre seawater tank.
We’ve got much of the equipment, facilities, support and vessels you need for successful testing on site already, including our work class ROV support vessel, but if you require something special, we can hire it in at short notice.