Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
Simon MacLean, Titan 4 Course, July 2015
TITAN 4 Manipulator Training
Gain basic system operation and routine maintenance procedures of the Titan 4 manipulator
2 day TITAN 4 Manipulator Training: £710 + VAT
This two day course familiarises students with all major components of the Titan 4 manipulator. It provides system operation and routine maintenance procedures of this equipment; widely used in the offshore ROV industry. Candidates will have the opportunity to try simulated ROV operations in our onsite simulator as well as learn piloting skills onshore, with a real T4 manipulator arm using our own T4 training pod.
This course has been sanctioned and approved by the industry’s leading manufacturer, FMC Schilling Robotics.
The effective use of the Titan 4 (T4) is as vital as piloting skills; The Underwater Centre can therefore offer both a technical/engineering element to this type of training and an opportunity for personnel to develop those vital operational skills needed.
Price: £710 ex VAT (£852 in VAT)
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Correctly mount and orient the Titan 4 manipulator
- Configure telemetry to RS-485 or RS-232 communications
- Identify the telemetry LED status
- Fill and bleed the compensation system
- Explain the function of the compensator and how to safely replace diaphragms
- Identify each slave arm joint
- Identify and explain main slave arm components
- Describe common operating menus and modes of operation
- Understand some diagnostic menus and error checking systems
- Safely enable and disable the operating system
- Set system operating limits
- Teach a stow path
- Perform routine maintenance
The Titan 4 Manipulator Course is included in our seven-week Premium ROV Course; for more details on this course, click here.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1397 703 786
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
Students are expected to engage positively with the course material.
The course is delivered in English and good written and oral communication skills are required.
Students should also be able to handle mathematical calculations to SCQF Level V.
IMCA guidelines for ROV employers recommend that personnel entering the ROV industry should have a nationally-recognised technical or trade qualification completed in electrical, electronic, hydraulics or mechanics and a certain amount of technical experience. This 7 week course allows those who have technical proficiency, but no qualifications, to strengthen their CV and increase their employability for the ROV industry.
You can read the full IMCA guidelines here.
Please note, once you have completed your ROV course, you will also require an Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical and MIST certification to work offshore. Read more about the offshore industry requirements here.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs)
- Safety footwear (e.g. steel toe caps. Footwear must meet the requirements of the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002, and preferably have a ‘CE’ marking.)
- An up to date copy of your CV
- You will also need to bring some basic stationery – including a Casio FX83ES scientific calculator, notebook, pens/ pencils
For more information email us on email@example.com or call +44 1397 703 786.