Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
Steve Mahaber, HSE Surface Supplied Top Up, CAD.365
HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
Gain the certification required to work offshore as a commercial diver; save with FREE full-board accommodation.
1 week HSE Surface Supplied Top Up: £2,490 inc VAT
This is an advanced air diving qualification, suitable for divers who wish to make a career in the offshore diving industry. It allows you to work offshore using all types of air diving apparatus and techniques including a wet bell. During this course, you will complete at least 7 dives to a depth of 21m (70ft). The focus of the training on this one week course is to learn safety procedures for diving from a wet bell, such as bell rescues or loss of gas, communications or power to the bell. You’ll also perform a number of dives using a ‘Golden Gate’. Diving through a golden gate is an important part of working offshore, so this is essential experience for your commercial diving career.
To further prepare you for offshore work, the dives are conducted using hot water suits, where seawater is heated and then pumped down your umbilical to your suit to keep you warm when in the water. Training will take place from our dedicated wet bell moon pool barge, Red Baron, and you will dive into Loch Linnhe, the sheltered, seawater loch on which the Centre is based.
*Secure free accommodation on payment of course deposit. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time so be quick and take advantage of these great savings today!
This course is included in our commercial diving packages (see related courses).
The certificates you will obtain when you complete this course are:
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
All of our HSE commercial diving courses are recognised by IMCA under the IMCA International Code of Practice for Offshore Diving.
For more information email us on email@example.com or call +44 1397 703 786
This course is course is eligible for Tier 3 ELCAS* funding.
*For entitled Forces personnel and service leavers. ELCAS registration number 1593.
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
In order to be able to attend our HSE Surface Supplied Top Up course you will require the following:
- HSE Surface Supplied certification or equivalent
- First Aid at Work certification (can be attended at The Underwater Centre prior to course start)
- An ‘in-date’ United Kingdom HSE Diving Medical Certificate (we also accept Norwegian, Dutch or Irish HSA approved Diving Medical Certificates, please contact us if you have a medical from these countries to ensure it is accepted);
- Please note that if this is your first HSE UK Diving Medical, you must obtain an MA1 form completed by your own family doctor and take this to the doctor carrying out your HSE Medical.
- If you have already passed an HSE UK Diving Medical, you must take your MA2 form – this is the front page of your previous HSE UK Diving Medical – as the doctor needs this to carry out your medical.
- For full details of the HSE Diving Medical and what exactly it involves, click here
- For contact details of your nearest medical examiner, approved to carry out your HSE Diving Medical, click here
Please note, all courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this course you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Overalls;
- Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt;
- All course books;
- Submission to the HSE of Competency Assessment.
During your course you will also have use of:
- Hot water suit, neoprene undersuit for under hot water suits, work gloves, dive knife, neoprene hood and hard hat.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1397 703 786.