Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
Dean Fairbairn, CAD.349
HSE Surface Supplied
FREE full-board accommodation on our HSE Surface Supplied diving course.
5 week HSE Surface Supplied: £5,250
This is an intermediate qualification allowing the use of surface supplied breathing apparatus for working in inshore waters. The course is suitable for civil engineering divers, dockland and inland waterway divers. However anyone diving in surface supplied equipment needs this qualification.
The course includes 24 dives to a maximum depth of 50m (165ft). You will learn how to dive in different models of diving helmets, such as a Kirby Morgan 17, 37, 18 and 28, and use different deployment methods including shot lines and diving baskets. You will also learn surface decompression techniques, when you decompress in the chamber on the surface breathing oxygen. As the course progresses the depth you dive to will increase, which will help you prepare for the challenge of diving at depth on air.
Our HSE Surface Supplied Course also teaches you how to handle emergency situations such as loss of air or loss of communications and how to rescue a stricken diver. In addition, we include a range of underwater tools and tasks training as part of this course, so you’ll perform tasks underwater such as assembling scaffolding, using tools such as lifting bags, a pneumatic cutting disc, hydraulic drill and impact wrench and a CP9 hammer drill, preparing you for the job of commercial diving, as well as teaching you the diving competencies.
This course is included in our commercial diving packages (see related courses).
The certificates you will obtain when you complete this course are:
- HSE Surface Supplied
- First Aid at Work
All of our HSE commercial diving courses are recognised by IMCA under the IMCA International Code of Practice for Offshore Diving.
In order to be able to attend our HSE Surface Supplied course you will require the following:
- HSE SCUBA certification or equivalent
- An ‘in-date’ United Kingdom HSE Diving Medical Certificate (we also accept Norwegian, Dutch or Irish HSA approved Diving Medical Certificates, please contact us if you have a medical from these countries to ensure it is accepted);
- Please note that if this is your first HSE UK Diving Medical, you must obtain an MA1 form completed by your own family doctor and take this to the doctor carrying out your HSE Medical.
- If you have already passed an HSE UK Diving Medical, you must take your MA2 form – this is the front page of your previous HSE UK Diving Medical – as the doctor needs this to carry out your medical.
- For full details of the HSE Diving Medical and what exactly it involves, click here
- For contact details of your nearest medical examiner, approved to carry out your HSE Diving Medical, click here
Please note, all courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this package you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Overalls;
- Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt;
- All course books;
- Submission to the HSE of Competency Assessment.
During your course you will also have use of:
- Drysuit, woolly bear, neoprene undersuit for under hot water suits, work gloves, dive knife, neoprene hood and hard hat.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1397 703 786.