Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
SAVE £1,232 with FREE full-board accommodation on our HSE SCUBA course
4 week HSE Scuba Course: £3,450 inc VAT*
This course is the minimum requirement to allow the use of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) for commercial diving in inshore/inland waters.
Our SCUBA Course includes the use of traditional half mask and demand valve methods, but most dives you will undertake are completed in EXO26 and AGA full-face masks, with voice communications between you and the supervisor at all times. The HSE SCUBA certificate is suitable for divers who want to work in media, archaeological, inspection engineering, police, scientific or shellfish diving or indeed any inshore diving work.
You will learn how to execute searches and recover objects, rescue another diver in trouble and cope with your own emergency situations. You will experience at least 18 dives to a maximum depth of 30m (100ft).
Our HSE SCUBA Course also includes a range of underwater tasks as part of the training, so you’ll perform tasks underwater such as carrying out seabed surveys and grid searches, preparing you for the job of commercial diving, as well as teaching you the diving competencies.
*Price including FREE full-board accommodation £3,450 inc VAT – offer extended to the end of June, subject to change
This course is included in our commercial diving packages (see related courses).
The certificates you will obtain when you complete this course are:
- HSE SCUBA
- First Aid at Work with Oxygen Provider
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
In order to be able to attend our HSE SCUBA course you will require the following:
- PADI or BSAC sport diving certification or equivalent
- Open-water diving experience (sport diving)
- An ‘in-date’ United Kingdom HSE Diving Medical Certificate (we also accept Norwegian, Dutch or Irish HSA approved Diving Medical Certificates, please contact us if you have a medical from these countries to ensure it is accepted);
- Please note that if this is your first HSE UK Diving Medical, you must obtain an MA1 form completed by your own family doctor and take this to the doctor carrying out your HSE Medical.
- If you have already passed an HSE UK Diving Medical, you must take your MA2 form – this is the front page of your previous HSE UK Diving Medical – as the doctor needs this to carry out your medical.
- For full details of the HSE Diving Medical and what exactly it involves, click here
- For contact details of your nearest medical examiner, approved to carry out your HSE Diving Medical, click here
Please note, all courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this course you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Overalls;
- Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt;
- All course books;
- Submission to the HSE of Competency Assessment.
During your course you will also have use of:
- Drysuit, woolly bear, work gloves, dive knife, neoprene hood and hard hat.