Find a course
Find the course you are looking for by either selecting it from the dropdown or entering a keyword
- Premium Industry Package
- Construction Career Package
- Standard Career Package
- HSE Closed Bell
- CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
- Subsea Construction
- HSE Surface Supplied Top Up
- IMCA Diver Medic Technician
- IMCA Assistant Life Support Technician
- Kirby Morgan Helmet & Bandmask Operator Course
- HSE Surface Supplied
- HSE SCUBA
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Surface Supplied & Top Up
- Experience & Competence Assessment - HSE Closed Bell
- Commercial Enriched Air Nitrox
- IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor
- IMCA Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor Experience Course
- Introduction to Commercial Diving Careers Day
Ben Foreman, CSWIP 3.1U NDT, CAD.365
CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course
This course prepares you for working as an Underwater Inspection diver, and to pass the exam for the certification.
2 week CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection Preparatory Course: £1,750 inc VAT
When you are working as a commercial diver, you can be sure that you’re going to be employed at some level to carry out subsea inspection. Most offshore employers now require divers to have a CSWIP 3.1U Underwater Inspection ticket, so if you have aspirations to work offshore as a commercial diver then this subsea inspection course will be a vital benefit when looking for employment.
Our replicate oil platform structure, situated on our subsea site, has been created specifically to allow us to give you the crucial knowledge and understanding of inspection practices. We also have the only subsea concrete inspection block in the UK. On our course you will be trained in various underwater inspection methods, using video and still cameras, cathodic potential meters, digital thickness meters and weld inspection gauges.
During your dives – between 4 and 6 totalling 4-6 hours dive time – you will be trained in the following: Visual Inspection; Ultrasonic Thickness Inspection; Corrosion Protection Inspection; Concrete Inspection; Subsea Video Inspection; Subsea Photographic Inspection; Verbal and Written Reporting.
Inspections can vary from general visual inspection, where there are specific protocols to follow and key things to look out for, to conducting a close inspection of metalwork using precision electronic measuring equipment. Industry experts accept that you need time to get familiar with the use of inspection practices and equipment under the water, which is why our two week course allows you the time to get familiar with these tools and techniques in a real-life subsea environment. With more combined knowledge of subsea inspection than any other training facility in the field of underwater inspection, our highly experienced instruction team don’t just train you to pass an exam: we train you to do the job, and do it well.
Price: £1,740 inc VAT (£1,450 exc VAT) For all available dates and prices click here.
This course is included in our Premium Industry Package (see related courses).
For more information email us on email@example.com or call +44 1397 703 786
Dates & Prices
Please note: Dates marked as Red are Full
For the most up-to-date course dates and availability please contact our student advisors.
In order to be able to attend our CSWIP 3.1U NDT Prep Course you will require the following:
- HSE Surface Supplied or equivalent
- An ‘in-date’ Diving Medical Certificate
An ‘in-date’ United Kingdom HSE Diving Medical Certificate (we also accept Norwegian, Dutch or Irish HSA approved Diving Medical Certificates);
- In the UK, before you attend a diving medical you must complete this questionnaire and get your own doctor to countersign it, and bring that along with you. You can read more details about the HSE diving medical by downloading the HSE’s MA1 document The Medical Examination and Assessment of Commercial Divers;
- To search for a doctor in the UK who is certified to carry out HSE diving medicals click here. The HSE also accepts diving medicals performed by HSA doctors in Ireland, or diving medicals carried out by some doctors in Norway and Holland. Please contact us if you have a medical from these countries to ensure it is accepted.
Please note – this is a preparatory course designed to help you pass the CSWIP examination. Once you have successfully completed the preparatory course and the Centre’s preparatory examination, you must sit the CSWIP 3.1U examination, which can be booked at TWI in Middlesbrough. There is an additional fee from TWI for sitting the exam. You require an HSE Diving Medical certificate or equivalent to attend the exam. Our student advisors can assist you with examination bookings if required.
All courses at The Underwater Centre are taught in English, unless previously arranged, so you must have a good understanding of verbal and written English.
You are required to bring the following with you:
- Plenty of warm clothing;
- High visibility foul weather gear (waterproofs);
- A pair of steel toe-capped safety boots.
As part of this package you will receive:
- Underwater Centre Overalls;
- Underwater Centre Commercial Diving T-shirt;
- All course books.
During your course you will also have use of:
- Dry suit, woolly bear, work gloves, dive knife, neoprene hood and hard hat.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1397 703 786.